Monday, 13 December 2010
PRESS RELEASE: NEW ANGLING TOURIST FACILITIES TO BE BUILDT OUTSIDE TROMSØ
The Municipality of Tromsoe ( Tromsø Kommune ) - the Urban Development Committee - approved in their meeting the 7.th of December 2010 the principle plan from Vaagen Utvikling AS ( Vaagen Development Ltd.)to build facilities for tourism in Kvaløyvågen, an existing and very active fishing village about 30 minutes drive ouside the city of Tromsø, North Norway. It is easy access by direct flight connections to the capitol of North Norway- the city of Tromsø - from many cities in Germany, Estland, Litauen, Poland, France, Spain, Sweden, Russia, Finland and England.
The facilities will include:
* Fishermans cabins for rent
* Fishing boats,rowing boats and cajacs for rent
* Sheltered marina for small and bigger boats
* Facilities for cutting, cleaning and deepfreezing fish
* Coastal culture center
* Cafeteria / shop for fishing gear / meeting facilities
* Childrens adventure center for children
* Aurora borealis lookout place
* Salt water and fresh water angling
* Trails for mountain bicycling
* Trails for mountain walking
* Skiing - cross country and extreme mountain downhill skiing
* Whale watching cruises
* Bird watching - arctic birds / fish eagles / ducks / goose / cormorant/ puffins
* Arctic ocean beach adventures /icebathing - hikeing - relaxing
* Guided angling tours for professionals and beginners
The idea is to build a fishing village that will be used by anglers in the period april - october, and by professional fishermen during the period of the big cod fiheries ( skreifisket )in wintertime. The facilities will be kept in an old fashioned coastal style with fishermen cabins in different sizes. Fully developed the village will consist of 30 fisherman houses.
The overall plan also include a coastal culture center developed in old buildings from a previous fish farm inside the village area. This will be done in cooperation with the local community develpoment team, the coastal culture association Arctandria, which have a great collection of old traditional boats - "nordlandsbåter" and "fembøringer".
The Municipality of Tromsø, the Culture Departement, has expressed a positive intention to cooperate in the development of this project
POSTED BY halibuthunter